Don’t Worry, Be Healthy!
My son, Nathan, and I had to laugh when I was telling him about the old 1988 song from Bobby McFerrin titled, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy.” I was thinking about this and singing it to myself in relation to all that is happening in the world. The funniest thing of all to me is that when I looked up the song on YouTube, the beginning of the music video shows him reading a Wall Street Journal with the front cover headline of “Financial Meltdown!”
You may not think this is so funny but the reason why it made me laugh is because it made me realize that we’ve been through difficult challenges in the world before, and we not only survived them, but we’ve learned how to thrive. So, here we are again with the challenge of the decade and once we get through this, we will eventually forget all about it and go on with our lives.
The point of the song is not just to be funny, but in my opinion, it is the secret to life. As I explained in detail last week, the level of fear and stress you experience over this and any challenge for that matter, will impact your life more than you know.
As I stated, fear is the leading source of stress and when you are stressed:
- Stress puts your body into flight-or-fight mode. It responds by pulling blood flow from your brain and sending it to your extremities in preparation to fight or flight. This lack of blood flow to your brain makes it more difficult to think clearly about the very thing that is causing you concern.
- Stress suppresses your immune system. A strong immune system is critical, especially in times like these.
- Stress increases the release of cortisol in your body which increases inflammation and therefore, health challenges. The increased release of cortisol also causes weight gain, especially around your mid-section, which has been proven to be hard on your health.
- Stress messes with your melatonin, which is your sleep hormone, making it more difficult to sleep. Being exhausted does not help with your ability to handle stress making all of the above even worse.
I proceeded to explain in two previous videos and articles how to balance fear with fact to help you reduce the feelings of stress to protect your immune system and your ability to cope. So, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” is very sound advice as the first step to protecting and strengthening your immune system.
Know that your immune system is your most powerful defense against the virus and this is exactly what you have the power to support. You do not have to be at the mercy of what is happening in the world. Being healthy and strengthening your immune system is the easiest thing you can do to take your power back to not only survive but to thrive during a virus pandemic.
SO, THE SECRET IS: DON’T WORRY BE HEALTHY (and happy of course!).
How can you do the best you can to improve your immune system and improve your health overall? There is much more that you can do in addition to just washing your hands.
As I mentioned in a previous article and video, there are many things you can and must do to help your body fight this any other diseases and health challenges. I listed as a review of important things to consider below. To help you even further, I did a video for you to see what I am doing each day to be as healthy (and happy) as I possibly can be to waltz right through this issue with energy and vitality. Be sure to review my list below and be sure to watch as there is much here to benefit you in many ways.
Ways to boost your immune system:
- Focus on the positive in your life. I already discussed on stress can weaken your immune system. Focusing on all that is good in your life and all of your healthy cells, then you will feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Get lots of high-quality rest. When you sleep your body not only rests and rejuvenates, but your body goes through a process of detoxifying and healing.
- When you awaken in the morning, choose thoughts of a beautiful day and experience what it feels like to have a beautiful day. This will help you to maintain better energy throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of fresh filtered water. Being hydrated is critical to support your detoxification organs.
- Take a probiotic, or eat healthy fermented foods, to gain beneficial bacteria in your gut. A large portion of your immune system relies on beneficial bacteria in your gut and this also has been proven to reduce rates of depression and anxiety. Beneficial bacteria support overall mind and body wellness.
- Eat a diet rich in colorful plant foods. Fruits and vegetables are rich with phytonutrients and antioxidants to support a healthy immune system.
- Consume foods high in vitamin C, such as citrus, sweet peppers, strawberries, kiwi etc.
- Consume lots of green leafy vegetables to support your liver, which is one of your major detoxification organs.
- Eat a variety of cooked mushrooms as these are powerful for supporting a strong immune system and mushrooms, as well as Brazil nuts, are rich in selenium which offers additional important support.
- Consider including some sea vegetables (or seaweed) in your diet to gain access to the perfect source of iodine, critical too for a healthy immune system.
- Eat plenty of green pumpkin seeds, sometimes called pepitas, to get a good source of zinc which is critical for fighting disease, including viruses.
- Always include lots of garlic and onions in your diet. These are from the allium family of vegetables and contain allicin, which is a proven disease fighter. Garlic is known for being a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-parasitic. If you’re concerned about the smell, know that this will help you with social distancing! Just kidding. Laughter is good medicine too.
- Include anti-viral plants in your diet such as:
- Lemon Balm
- Olive Leaf (can get an extract)
- John’s Wort (an herb used in tea and supplements)
- Ginger Root
- Licorice Root
- Astragalus (usually in supplement form)
- Isatis (usually in supplement form)
- Echinacea (immune system support)
- Goldenseal (immune system support)
- Avoid mucus forming foods such as animal dairy. The virus is attracted to mucus membranes so the last thing you need right now are foods that increase mucus production.
- Avoid immune weakening foods such as simple sugar, white flour, and bad fats.
- Exercise daily as this will help your lymphatic system work more efficiently, which is key for detoxification.
- Consider taking a Vitamin D supplement or get in the sun as this is important to support a healthy immune system.
- Consider a few other anti-viral and immune boosting supplements such as ones that contain isatis, echinacea, and goldenseal.
For all of these reasons, we can actually pause and give thanks for this awareness to help us live a healthier and more stress-free life going forward.
Now put on some tunes to sing and dance around because the most important thing you can do is Don’t Worry, Be Healthy, and Be Happy!
Lots of love,
To help you all with this and to share with you powerful fresh ideas proven to help you STRESS LESS AND SUCCEED MORE, now and ongoing in every area of your life, we decided to make a special offer:
Gain free access to me:
- A #1 Best-Selling Author & Success Expert
- LIVE from the comfort of your home or office.
- Be part of the inside circle of fun, motivated, like-minded people who share their experiences of achieving more success with less stress.
- Get ongoing access to the latest information to make the Stressless Success Shift™.
- Based on science backed proven strategies, begin getting results in every area of your life now.
PLUS, FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN PRIVATE PERSONAL COACHING, THE POWERS AT BE HAVE UNLOCKED MORE SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AND WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER FOR A LIMITED TIME:
50% OFF OF PERSONAL SUCCESS COACHING FOR A SMALL NUMBER OF PEOPLE.
AND, ALL PERSONAL COACHING PAYMENTS WILL BE POSTPONED FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS.
Please contact Janet at (724) 417-6695 to have a free strategy call and to discuss this amazing never-before seen offer. The time is now to take your life to the next level and beyond.
Janet McKee, Speaker, Best-Selling Author, Wellness Expert, High Performance™ Success Coach, and CEO of SanaView, is on a mission to inspire and teach you proven and effective ways to Embrace a Better Life; a life that is richer, happier, healthier, and more fulfilling.
After experiencing tremendous success in the corporate environment and obtaining her MBA from the University of Pittsburgh, Ms. McKee became passionate about helping others. She pursued a wellness degree with a school affiliated with Columbia University, was then selected to be one of only 200 in the world certified in High Performance™ with the High Performance Institute, and has been awarded membership into the National Association of Experts, Writers, and Speakers.
Ms. McKee wrote a recipe book titled, “Fabulous Recipes for Vibrant Health,” co-authored a best-selling book with success legend, Brian Tracy and other experts titled, “Ready, Set, Go!”, and is best known for her #1 best-selling book titled, “Stressless Success: The Surprising Secrets to a Life of Passion, Purpose, and Prosperity.”
Whether you consult with Ms. McKee directly or hire her to speak to your organization, you will learn her proven methods to achieve greater levels of energy, joy, confidence, and success. To learn more visit janetmckee.com and sanaview.com. She can be reached at (724) 417-6695 or email@example.com.