Top 5 tips for balancing your weight naturally
Now that winter is almost over, you may want to consider losing those few extra winter pounds and get ready for some fun in the sun.
- Get plenty of good quality sleep. Sleep is such an important aspect to good health but we take it for granted in this society. By making sleep a priority, your body chemistry (including your metabolism, insulin and leptin) is better balanced. You start your day energized which will prevent you from grabbing unhealthy food choices that will cause additional blood sugar and emotional swings.
- Drink plenty of filtered or spring water first thing in the morning and throughout the day between meals. This is also key to support your metabolism and for hydrating your body properly. Consider having some water with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime to help keep your liver healthy. A healthy liver is critical for balanced weight and a great body image. Green tea is also a wonderful drink to add to your day as the catechins in green tea have been found to help balance weight.
- Choose whole plant foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, peas, nuts and seeds, to fill your day with great tasting meals. By avoiding high fat foods such as dairy and meat or overly processed chemicalized packaged foods, you nourish your body with the nutrients you need for balanced weight. Fruits and vegetables and other plants based foods are naturally high in fiber, low in fat, and rich with all the nutrients you need for great health. Be sure to include colorful and tasty foods like blueberries. Not only are blueberries absolutely delicious, they are packed with antioxidants that had been found in a University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center research study to reduce belly fat and help to prevent diabetes.
- Do not deprive yourself of tastes and textures you love. Learn ways to satisfy them all with healthy options. Dessert, for example, can be part of your daily foodintake. We naturally crave foods that are sweet and satisfying. The amazing thing is thatthere are plenty of wonderful dessert ideas that are perfectly healthy for you with no added sugar or fat. Again, see my web site or recipe book for many great ideas. I’m not called, “the queen of healthy desserts” for nothing.
- Please get exercise in a form that you love and enjoy. Exercise does more than tone your body and help you balance your weight naturally. It helps to oxygenate your blood, keep your lymph moving which aides in detoxifying your body, and has been proven to prevent health challenges such as heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. Exercise improves your emotional wellbeing too and helps to reduce stress from the day and keeps you better prepared to handle daily stress. Being balanced emotionally helps to prevent sudden poor food choices that may cause weight gain and health issues.
If you are still having trouble balancing your weight, consider the health of your thyroid. Keep an eye out for a future issue on how to nourish your thyroid.
It is fun and easy to love your body and love your life when you are vibrant and healthy! No more excuses, start today and feel the difference