Tofu Scramble Ideas
Posted on October 29, 2015
This is a great vegetarian alternative to scrambled eggs.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 block tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Can add spinach or other veggies as desired
- Slice the tofu into approximately one inch cubes. Then, using either your hands or a fork, crumble it slightly.
- Sauté onion, pepper and crumbled tofu in oil for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium and allow to cook for 5-7 more minutes, stirring frequently and adding more oil if needed.
- Wrap in a warmed flour tortilla with a bit of salsa for a breakfast burrito or top with soy or rice cheese.