Sweet & Healthy Coconut Balls
Posted on October 28, 2015
This is a healthier alternative to macaroons as it does not use any simple sugar.
- 3 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cups of chopped fresh dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- If the dates are dry, soak in a small bowl of water for a few minutes to moisten. Drain the dates before using.
- Otherwise, fresh dates work great as is.
- Remove the pit and chop into small pieces.
- Place 2 cups of the coconut flakes, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt into a food processor and blend briefly to combine the ingredients.
- Add the chopped dates and blend until the ingredients begin to stick together.
- Place 1 heaping tsp at a time into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball. If the mixture does not stick together easily, add a bit of water or some additional dates.
- Roll the balls into the remaining coconut to coat.
24 to 36 coconut balls