This recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart Living. Again, this is one of my family’s favorites.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 bag of frozen or fresh peas
- 6 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T of fresh chopped sage
- 2 T of fresh chopped chives
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 bunch of spinach or arugula leaves
- 1 pound of linguini pasta or Japanese udon noodles
- (Optional) vegan parmesan to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add peas and sea salt and cook covered for a few minutes until tender. Remove to a small bowl.
Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Add the spring onions, parsley, sage, chives and garlic. Once these ingredients have softened slightly, add the peas, additional salt and 1 tablespoon of water back to the pan. Cook covered for a few minutes more until the onions are bright green. Toss in the spinach or arugula and set aside.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and add to the pea and herb mixture and toss. Sprinkle with vegan cheese if desired and drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with a bit more fresh parsley if necessary.
4 – 6