[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text](Photo credit – A Couple Cooks)
This is one salad that everyone loves. I often choose this one to serve for a dinner party or to bring to someone’s home when I am invited as a guest. Feel free to vary the nut or fruit that you use to round out this salad.
- 1 firm pear, cored and sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 T raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 pound of spinach leaves
- 1 cup of chopped parsley and cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh black pepper
- Toss pear and green onions with sea salt, olive oil, vinegars, lemon juice, and honey or maple syrup.
- Allow to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves, chopped herbs, and pecans, and gently toss with salad servers.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper if necessary and enjoy.
Servings: 4 – 6[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]