Simple Hummus or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Posted on October 29, 2015
This recipe is from The Cancer Project’s book, “The Cancer Survivor’s Guide”.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve 1/4 cup of liquid)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers packed in water, drained (optionally to make roasted red pepper hummus)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bean cooking liquid, reserved liquid from canned beans or vegetable broth
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the reserved bean liquid or vegetable broth as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Serve with cut up veggies or pita bread or crackers or use as a filling for a vegetable wrap.
- Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 days.
2 cups or 8 servings