Raw Nori Rolls
This is another simple raw food dish that I either cut into small rounds and serve it as a beautiful appetizer or I cut each roll in half lengthwise and eat them as hand rolls for lunch. The nori rolls are definitely one of my favorites as they are a quick and satisfying alternative to a salad.
Use cooked brown rice or quinoa for a non raw nori roll alternative.
- Jicama (peel & cube) or cauliflower cut into chunks
- Tomatoes (chopped small)
- Avocados (sliced)
- Broccoli sprouts
- Nori Sheets (untoasted)
- Flax oil and sea salt (optional)
- Place jicama or cauliflower in a food processor and chop into a rice consistency. You may drizzle the “rice” with a bit of flax oil and sea salt if you so choose.
- Spread the “rice” mixture onto a nori sheet then layer with spinach, avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts or any vegetable of choice.
- Roll nori to make it like a California roll. Seal the edge with a bit of water to keep it together.
- At this point you can either cut in half for 2 larger rolls, or cut into about 6 bite size pieces.
Serve with Braggs Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu or Tamari and perhaps some wasabi to possibly give it more of a sushi taste.
8 – 10 rolls depending on the size of the jicama root