[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text]My best friend from Long Island, NY made this recipe for me once while visiting and it has been one of my favorites ever since. It always surprises me how much my son loves this salad too. It is the perfect combination of light oil and lemon that nicely enhances the flavor of the kale. This salad is great with arugula too, without the need to massage.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes or sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Handful of dulse
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3 T flax or hemp or olive oil
- Rinse the kale leaves, strip the leave from the tough stem and chop into bit sized pieces.
- Add the sea salt, lemon and oil and massage into the kale until it softens.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss.
- You may decide to add some other vegetables to this salad, such as chopped avocado, cucumber or sprouts.