Raw Chewy Chocolate Brownies
While teaching a class on the health benefits of chocolate with Adam Haritan of Whole Foods Market, he inspired me to take my chocolate almond balls recipe and do a brownie variation using walnuts. It’s basically the same recipe but by using raw walnuts instead of almond butter, you get more of a brownie consistency. I increased the amounts too to make enough for a small tray of brownies.
- 2 cups of raw walnuts
- 2 cups of dates, soaked in water to soften
- 1 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- A Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Place the walnuts in a food processer and grind them into a chunky walnut flour.
- Remove the dates from the water (saving some of the soaking water) and remove the date pits.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend briefly to combine the ingredients. Add some of the date soaking water if you need a bit more moisture to help the ingredients combine.
- Press the mixture into a 9×9 baking dish and cut into squares and serve.
16 small square brownies