Pasta with Broccoli, Capers and Hot Peppers
This recipe was inspired by a wonderful similar recipe by Dr. Andrew Weil. The broccoli, garlic and peppers are so high in phytonutrients that no health challenge will survive these disease-fighting ingredients!
- ¼ C olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of broccoli (include peeled and chopped stems if you wish)
- ¼ – ½ crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 T capers and 1 T of the brine
- 1 lb brown rice or quinoa pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in boiling water as per the directions on the package.
In a separate large saucepan, sauté garlic and peppers in the olive oil until the garlic begins to brown. Add chopped broccoli and sauté until lightly softened.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain and add it to the broccoli mixture. Stir in the capers and brine and add salt and pepper to taste.
4 – 6 servings