Janet’s Yummy Rice
I serve this often to large crowds because everyone loves this “yummy” rice.
- 2 cups rice (I recommend any type of brown rice)
- 4 cups water
- 2 large vegetable bouillon cubes (or use 4 cups of vegetable broth instead of water/bouillon combination)
- Sea salt if needed
- 1 large leek, cut in half and then sliced and rinsed
- 2 T of olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- 1/2bunch of fresh parsley
- 1/2bag of fresh or frozen peas
Place rice in water or broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for recommended length of time to cook the rice (50 minutes for brown rice).
As the rice is cooking, sauté the leeks in butter or oil for a few minutes until tender. Cook the peas in a separate pot in cup of water until tender also. Add leeks, peas, and chopped parsley to the rice, when finished, and serve.