Janet’s Asian Slaw
I created this recipe one day when a group of friends were coming over and I happened to have several heads of cabbage from the local farmer. Feel free to use any fresh vegetable you have on hand to make this as varied or interesting as you like.
- 1/2 head of green cabbage shredded
- 1/2head of red cabbage shredded (or just use a whole head of green cabbage)
- 3 T sesame oil
- 4 T umeboshi plum vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 shredded carrots
- 2 T black sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber chopped into small cubes
- 2 stalks of celery chopped into very small pieces
- 2 small tomatoes or 1/2 of a red pepper chopped into small pieces.
Shred the cabbage and chop all the vegetables into small pieces. Combine in a large bowl and add the oil, vinegar, minced garlic and cilantro. Toss and serve.
8 – 10