How to Become and Stay Motivated to Make Healthy Changes
There is no reason to struggle to make the decision to be as healthy as you can be and to stick with it. Being healthy and happy is the key to a good life. You know this. So what is keeping you from making the smart choices to be your best? Do you think it is too difficult and that you won’t stick with it? Well, consider these simple ideas to motivate you and to keep you on the path to healthy living and it will make it all worthwhile.
Before you get started, it is important to consider these basic questions.
- Why do you want to make healthier choices? Do you want to feel better, or look better, have more energy and be happier? Do you have a health challenge that you want to overcome? Do you love yourself enough to make the changes that are necessary to look and feel better? Do you love your loved-ones enough to be the best you can be for not only yourself but for them too?
- Are you clear about how powerful food and lifestyle choices can be to your health and wellbeing? Every choice you make either supports your health and happiness or it may detract from it. If you are not sure, please watch the webinars that are available to you at no charge at www.sanaview.com under EVENTS and hear about these life saving choices.
- What is stopping you from making the choices you need to be the best you can be? By being aware of your thoughts about living a healthy life is a huge first step in recognizing what may be blocking your ability to make great choices and to stick with them.
Once you ask these questions and you contemplate your answers to them, you are clearer on what you need to do to be a healthier and happier you.
Ok, so what are some ideas to be get you on track and to keep you there?
- Set both short and long-term goals. Knowing what you are hoping to achieve can give you something to focus on and strive for. Set goals which are realistic and write them down. Possibly give yourself a realistic timeframe to achieve these goals too.
- Plan ahead. Try to put exercise and de-stress time like meditation on your calendar for the week. Take a bit of time to plan healthy meals and snacks and go shopping and maybe prepare foods in advance if you know you are going to have a busy week. If you will be eating out or traveling, search online for restaurants with healthy options.
- Crowd out bad choices, especially where food is involved. By filling your pantry and fridge with quick healthy snacks and healthy desserts, you will not be tempted to grab for things that are not supportive of your goals. Drink plenty of water between mals and fill up of great high-fiber fruits and vegetables so that you are not as hungry for less-healthy choices. Learn to satisfy all of your tastes and cravings with better options found at www.sanaview.com.
- Keep it simple. Try not to overwhelm yourself with too many changes all at once. Start with improving your sleep habits and starting your day with a glass of water. When you realize that some simple changes do help you to feel better, then making additional changes is a no-brainer.
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t beat yourself up for not being perfect or for falling off the wagon. Love yourself and be glad that you’re human which means that you sometimes are flexible in your choices. Talk to yourself with positive thoughts of encouragement – be your own coach. Know and understand that it is normal to have setbacks and see what you can do to minimize or avoid these. Forgive yourself for making an unhealthy choice and move forward with even more determination.
- Have fun! Being healthy should not be a chore. It is an incredibly positive choice that you are already making by reading this article. Don’t put yourself under too much pressure. The process of improving our health and wellbeing should be enjoyable and inspiring. Relax and don’t resist the process. Instead of fighting a health challenge or a weight issue, choose thoughts of health and wellbeing.
- Reward success no matter how small. But don’t reward healthy eating with junk food but instead, do something nice for yourself like take time to read a good book or watch a movie or go for a walk or make one of my truly healthy decadent desserts all found at www.sanaview.com.
- Get support from friends or family members who are on the same path. Consider choosing a health counselor for personal support and additional ideas to continue to inspire you.
Once you start seeing improvements and feeling better, it becomes infectious. Once you know what it feels like to feel your best, you will want to feel that way always so making choices to support this becomes a new lifestyle instead of short-term challenge. People do not know how great they can feel and this can happen at any age or from any prior condition. The time is now so just go for it!