Greens with Tahini Sauce
For those who feel that some of the truly healthy greens are just a bit too bitter to enjoy, try this recipe as the sauce is divine and will make all green leafy vegetables a joy to eat.
- Steamed greens of choice such as kale, collards, spinach, Swiss chard, bok choy etc…
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 T Nama Shoyu or Tamari (soy sauce of choice or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 2 T Umeboshi Vinegar
- 1/2bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2bunch scallions, chopped
- Put in food processor and pulse
- 1 cup water or less (add while processor is blending, use less for thicker dressing)
- Steam greens for a few minutes.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender adding the water at the end while the processor is running.
- Pour the tahini sauce over the greens and serve.
This tahini dressing can be used as a salad dressing or as a dip or spread if made thicker by using less water.
2 – 4