[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text]My best friend and I visited the farmers market one fall day on Long Island, NY and purchased fresh vegetables that were in season. We combined what we bought into this wonderful soup that we both enjoy often throughout the fall and winter. Use any vegetable that is in season to combine with the broccoli. I assure you; it too will become a favorite in your home.
- 1 small to medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 large or 3 small leeks cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 T coconut oil
- 10 cups water with 4 good quality vegetable bouillon Or Any combination of water with vegetable broth to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 4 – 6 small red skin potatoes
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash seeded and chopped
- Hand full of fresh brussel sprouts, green beans, zucchini or any other chopped vegetable of choice
- Sauté onion, leeks and garlic in the coconut butter for a few minutes until soft. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend. This makes the soup creamier and less chunky. Leave a few chunks of vegetables in the soup for color and texture.