Fall Harvest Pasta
One September day when my farm manager and I were harvesting produce for the Mother Earth News Fair at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, we got very hungry so we took a small amount of everything we were harvesting and created this truly awesome pasta dish.
- 4 T Olive oil or vegetable broth
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A variety of small hot peppers such as jalepeno, cayenne or shishito (optional) chopped
- 1 sweet pepper of choice such as red bell, red cherry or purple bell sliced
- 1 large or 2 small eggplants of any variety sliced
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash sliced
- A few leaves of kale torn from the stem and chopped
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sautee garlic and peppers in oil or broth until softened. Add eggplant and zucchini to the pan and cook until softened and golden brown. Add torn kale and chopped tomatoes and heat through. Add salt and pepper throughout cooking process.
Add on top of a pound a freshly cooked pasta and enjoy!