Eating Fresh from Farm to Table
Eating Fresh from Farm to Table is a workshop that reviews the benefits of eating local and how this impacts our physical health as well as the health of the local economy and the environment. We will discuss ways to eat local all year round and what this means to us from a nutritional standpoint.
This episode aired on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 4:00pm EST. View the recorded video here anytime! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback or suggestions concerning either this episode or the rest of the series.
SanaView’s Bi-Monthly Webinar Course series on How to Live a Healthy Vibrant Life
Course #2 – Eating Fresh from Farm to Table by Janet McKee HHC, AADP
I’ve been teaching for years about what foods to eat to have a healthy mind and body. After a while, however, I began to realize that it is not just what to eat but where the food is coming from and how it is grown that needs to be considered. As we delve into this topic in detail, the audience will begin to realize how our food sources are affecting our health and the health of the environment.
- Review the last webinar topic and answer some outstanding questions
- Discuss issues with the Standard American Diet which is SAD
- Review some basics of reading food labels
- Discuss considerations of where our food is coming from and how it is grown
- Happenings at SanaView Farms and how they way the food is grown is of utmost importance
- Review ways to eat fresh and local all year round
- Cooking demo of farm to table recipes
- Answer questions