Curried Zucchini Soup
Posted on October 28, 2015
This is a nice variation to the previous curried broccoli soup recipe, especially when zucchini is abundantly available in mid to late summer.
- 1 large onion peeled, halved and cut into this slices
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T curry powder or to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 small zucchini cut lengthwise and crosswise into 1″ pieces
- 1 quart of vegetable stock
- In a heavy saucepan, combine onion, oil, curry, and salt.
- Stir to coat the onions.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until the onions are soft, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until soft, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the stock and stir to blend.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Puree soup in a blender or by using a hand immersion blender.
6 – 8