Curried Tofu Scramble with Spinach
Posted on October 29, 2015
A basic vegetarian and vegan tofu scramble recipe inspired by the flavors of India. Feel free to add some more vegetables, too, such as broccoli or mushrooms.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- Sautee the garlic and onion in olive oil in a large skillet.
- Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion turns soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except spinach and cook, stirring frequently for another 5 minutes or so, until tofu is hot and cooked, adding more oil if needed.
- Add spinach and cook a minute or two, just until wilted, stirring well.