Curried Broccoli Soup
Posted on October 28, 2015
This is a super simple way to enjoy the taste and health benefits of broccoli and curry.
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil, butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 large or 1 medium onion diced
- 1 head of broccoli
- Almond milk made without honey and less water for thicker consistency or any non-dairy milk
- 1 package of shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Curry powder (mild or hot depending on taste preference)
- Chop the broccoli into smaller pieces and lightly steam until soft but still bright green.
- At the same time, sauté the onion (and mushrooms if you choose) in the oil or butter until tender.
- Process the broccoli and onion mixture in a food processor with as much milk as you desire to achieve the preferred consistency.
- Add the salt, pepper and curry to taste.
4 – 6