Creamy Miso Soup
Posted on October 29, 2015
Inspired and adapted from a recipe by Viktoras Kulvinskas
- 1 C sesame seeds
- 6 C water
- 1 – 2 stalks of celery
- ¼ – ½ of red onion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 T tahini
- 2 T red or mellow miso
- 1 C kelp cut into small pieces
- First make the sesame milk by soaking the sesame seeds approximately 8 hours.
- Rinse and drain the sesame seeds and add to a blender with the water.
- After the seeds and water are blended well, strain through a nut milk bag, reserve the sesame milk and discard the solids.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the kelp, to the blender with the nut milk and blend.
- Soak the kelp in warm water to soften. Drain the kelp and add to the soup. This can be enjoyed cold or warmed slightly.
4 – 6