[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is a great side dish alternative to starchy potatoes and the health benefits of another cruciferous vegetable, like cauliflower, are outstanding.
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 T snipped fresh chives
- Steam the cauliflower and garlic in the vegetable broth until soft.
- Place the cooked cauliflower/garlic mixture and all of the remaining ingredients into a food processor or mixer, except the chives, and puree.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with the chives.