Creamy Broccoli Salad
Posted on October 29, 2015
Adapted from The Cancer Project’s book “The Cancer Survivor’s Guide”. All ages love this salad as it is creamy and fun to eat with all of the flavorful and colorful ingredients.
- 2 medium broccoli stalks
- 2 or 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dairy- and egg-free mayonnaise substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Peel stems and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer to a salad bowl and add green onions, carrots, raisins, and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise substitute, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper.
- Pour over broccoli and toss to mix.
- Let stand about 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.