Cranberry Pecan Coconut Balls
Posted on December 22, 2017
This is an even more flavorful cookie/ball than the simple sweet coconut balls because of the cranberries and pecans.
- 1/4 cup of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh dates
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (or any combination of raw nuts)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (try to find the ones that are fruit juice sweetened) or any dried fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- If the dates are dry, soak in a small bowl of water for a few minutes to moisten. Drain the dates before using.
- Otherwise, fresh dates work great as is.
- Remove the pit and chop into small pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the coconut flakes into a food processor and blend briefly to combine the ingredients until it creates a sticky dough.
- Place 1 heaping tsp at a time into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball. If the mixture does not stick together easily, add a bit of water or some additional dates.
- Roll the balls in the coconut to coat.
12 – 24 balls depending on the size