Chocolate Almond Truffles (balls)
This is another healthy alternative to cookies that are typically made with simple sugars and unhealthy fats. I was inspired to create this after visiting Brenda Davis, RD. She gave something similar to me as a treat for the flight back to Pittsburgh from British Columbia, Canada, and I absolutely loved them. Be careful because these are so good you will not be able to stop eating them!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- If the dates are dry, soak in a small bowl of water for several minutes to moisten. Drain the dates before using.
- Otherwise, fresh dates work great as is.
- Remove the pit and chop into small pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine the ingredients.
- Place 1 heaping tsp at a time into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball.
- Roll the balls into more cocoa powder to coat.
12 to 24 balls depending on the size