Carrot Ginger Soup
Posted on October 29, 2015
The liberal amount of ginger in this soup is good for soothing inflammation or digestive discomfort. The remaining ingredients are high in antioxidants and phytonutrients to help fight cancer and other illnesses as well.
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in the bottom of soup pot.
- Add the diced onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, but do not brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic, stir, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, broth, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- In batches, puree soup in blender (or do it in the pot if you have an immersion blender).
- Thin with additional broth as needed. Taste for seasoning and add a bit more salt if needed.