Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas
I created this with simple ingredients as an alternative to meat filled dishes.
- 1 can black beans (or 1 cup dried and cooked)
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn (or 1 cup of fresh)
- 1 small zucchini chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 6 tortillas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 cup rice or soy cheese, Monterey jack and/or cheddar flavors
- 2 – 3 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 T cayenne (or to taste)
- 2 T ground cumin (or to taste)
Cook corn and zucchini together and set aside. Sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender. Add red pepper and black beans and cook until tender. Mix in corn and zucchini. Add salt, cayenne and cumin. Cook for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend. Add fresh ground black pepper.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place filling and cheese in each tortilla shell. Roll or fold over the shell and top with additional cheese. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and the tortillas begin to brown. Top the enchiladas with chopped tomato and chopped cilantro. Serve with guacamole and chopped lettuce.