Janet’s Yummy Rice
- 2 cups rice (I recommend any type of brown rice)
- 4 cups water
- 2 large vegetable bouillon cubes
- (or use 4 cups of vegetable broth instead of water/bouillon combination)
- Sea salt if needed
- 1 large leek, cut in half and then sliced and rinsed
- 2 T of olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- ½ bag of fresh or frozen peas
- Place rice in water or broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for recommended length of time to cook the rice (50 minutes for brown rice).
- As the rice is cooking, sauté the leeks in butter or oil for a few minutes until tender.
- Cook the peas in a separate pot in ¼ cup of water until tender also.
- Add leeks, peas, and chopped parsley to the rice, when finished, and serve.
Chocolate Banana Frozen Dessert
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder or raw chocolate powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place everything in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in individual dessert bowls and freeze until just frozen.
- This is wonderful served with raspberries, cherries or strawberries on top!
2 – 4 servings
Spinach Salad with Pear and Pecans
- 1 firm pear, cored and sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ T balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 T raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 pound of spinach leaves
- ½ cup of chopped parsley and cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh black pepper
- Toss pear and green onions with sea salt, olive oil, vinegars, lemon juice, and honey or maple syrup.
- Allow to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves, chopped herbs, and pecans, and gently toss with salad servers.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper if necessary.
4 – 6 servings